Papad is one of the famous vegetables of Rajasthan. Papad ki sabzi is very easy to prepare, and can be prepared in very little time. Its taste is mildly sour because we have used tomatoes in it. If you make it, make it when you want to eat it, otherwise the papad swells and changes the taste after keeping it too long. So let’s see what ingredients are needed to make papad ki sabzi and how to make it.
Make Rajasthani style papad curry in 10 minutes
Papad curry should be made…
Leaves of urad dal: 1
Oil: 3 tbsp
Cumin: 1 tsp
Bay leaves: 1
Mustard: 1 tbsp
Asafoetida: 1 tsp
Chopped onion: 1/2 cup
Tomato puree: 1/2 cup (2 tomatoes)
Coriander powder: 1 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 cup (as per taste)
Yogurt: 2 tbsp
Garam masala: 1 tsp
How to make papad curry
First take a pan and put oil in it.
2. Then add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, hing and bay leaves and fry until golden.
3. Then add chopped onion and fry it.
4. After frying onions, add tomato puree to it.
5. And add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and fry for 5 minutes.
6. Frying our masala takes some time, so till then I will fry the papad.
7. Here I am frying papad in gas, if you want you can fry it in tawa or kadai with oil.
8. Here masala is ready after roasting.
9. Now add some water and mix it.
10. Then add garam masala, yogurt and salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
11. Then mix the broken papad and chopped coriander and turn off the gas.
And our papad curry is ready, we will take it out in a serving bowl and our papad curry is ready.