After two years of strict control over the corona virus, Saudi Arabia has decided to increase the number of people coming from abroad to participate in Hajj this year. Let us tell you, in the year 2022, the number of Haj pilgrims has been fixed at 10 lakhs. Saudi Arabia said on Saturday it would allow one million Muslims inside and outside the country to perform Hajj this year. In fact, after a two-year ban on the epidemic, there has been a huge increase in the number of pilgrims going there. The move is said to have not restored normalcy for Haj, but it is said to have given hope to many Muslims from outside the state.
Last year, only 60,000 Saudi nationals were allowed to perform the Hajj. In addition, before the corona pandemic, 2.5 million people worldwide were allowed to perform Hajj. Saudi Arabia earned ₹12 billion by traveling to Islam’s holy sites in Mecca and Medina during the week-long Hajj and year-long Umrah a week before the pandemic.
Haj pilgrimage will start from July this year, for which you will have to apply in advance. Hajj pilgrimage is considered very sacred by Muslims. It is believed that every Muslim wants to undertake this journey in his life. In 2019, about 2.5 million people attended Mecca and Medina, one of the largest religious congregations in the world. But since the coronavirus pandemic began in 2020, Saudi authorities have only allowed 1,000 pilgrims to perform the Hajj.