In today’s era, almost every bank holder has an ATM. Withdrawing money from ATM i.e. Debit card is very easy process. ATMs can avoid long lines at the bank to withdraw money. Also, there is no need to fill any slip. Whereas online transactions can also be done through ATMs.
ATM users should keep an eye on these updates, otherwise they may be victims of fraud
However, sometimes people become victims of ATM fraud even due to small negligence. In such a situation, some precautions are also necessary to avoid this.
People using ATMs should take some precautions. With this, ATM fraud can be avoided. Let us know about the methods used in ATM security.
Take these precautions while using ATM
- – Remember your PIN. Do not write it anywhere and never write it on the card.
- – Your card is for your personal use. Do not share your PIN or card with anyone, not even your friends or family.
- When withdrawing money from an ATM, stand near the machine and cover the keypad with your hand as soon as you enter the PIN, so that the person standing behind you cannot see your PIN.
- Do not take the help of a stranger to use the ATM card or handle your cash.
Please press the ‘Cancel’ button before exiting the ATM. Don’t forget to take your card and transaction slip with you.
If you take a transaction slip, tear it off immediately after use.
- If your ATM card is lost or stolen, notify your card issuing bank immediately.
- When you deposit a check or card at your ATM, check the credit entry in your account a few days later. If you notice any discrepancy, report it to your bank.
If your card gets stuck at an ATM or you still don’t get cash after making all the entries, call your bank immediately.