New York police have arrested a man accused of shooting 10 people at a Brooklyn subway station. The arrest was made within 24 hours of the incident. American media gave this information on Wednesday. Police identified 62-year-old Frank James as a suspect in the incident. CNN reported that two police officers spotted him on a street in Manhattan and took him into custody.
“My fellow New Yorkers: We’ve got it,” Mayor Eric Adams said at a news conference announcing the arrest. New York Police Department Commissioner Keechant Sewell said he had been taken into custody and would be charged with Tuesday’s attack.
In the video footage that has gone viral on social media, a man like James is seen sitting in a police car in handcuffs.
No one died in the attack. Another 13 people were injured in the attack, either as they were trying to exit the station, or their condition was worsened by the smoke. None of the victims suffered fatal injuries.
James has posted many of his videos on YouTube. In which he was also seen making political attacks. However, on Wednesday, its page was taken down for violating YouTube’s guidelines. He is also seen criticizing the Mayor of New York in the video.